Messages will be uploaded to Flipgrid- code: “miltonorchestra”/ category: senior messages
Don’t send a streaming link- I need to be able to download the video to edit into the presentation.
- Plan what you want to say. There is a 5 minute limit, but you don’t have to (and probably shouldn’t) take that much time (if you watch things like the Oscars or Tony Awards, think about acceptance speeches you’ve enjoyed).
- Greet your orchestra family as if you were standing up to speak to them (it will be evening, so something like “good evening” or “hello” will work, but it’s up to you).
- Introduce yourself and tell us what instrument you play.
- Tell us your plans after graduation (college, major if known, work, military, etc.)
- Say a few words to the banquet guests, which will include younger orchestra students, parents, friends, family, etc. This is your moment to say what you want to say!
- Recommended to record on device, then upload to Flipgrid (in case Flipgrid malfunctions, you don’t lose your video).
- Record in a well-lit, quiet area (can be outside if quiet enough).
- Record in landscape mode.
- Use a tripod or prop up device if possible; don’t use zoom; if filming yourself, edit out awkward starting/stopping recording footage (can do this with Flipgrid).
- Smile! And look at the camera lens.
- Look here for more tips: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/make-iphone-video